
I have to blog about a great experience I had yesterday while doing Sharing Time. We discussed how we are like mountain climbers trying to get up the mountain of life to the Celestial Kingdom. We talked about how important anchors are to climbers and that they need to use anchors that are put in correctly by someone who knows what they are doing.
Our Father in Heaven has given us all the anchors we need: family, prayer, scriptures, the Holy Ghost, the temple, and even his son Jesus Christ. We cannot rely on only one anchor, we need several anchors to keep us safe from falling too far back down the mountain, just like a climber needs multiple anchors.
Some of the anchors that we rely on instead of those given by our Father in Heaven include: money, friends, popularity, fame and pride. These anchors will always fail if we use them as the basis for our ascent to spirituality.
I had to take serious inventory of what I am using as anchors for my life. It was exciting for me to see how the spirit guided me as I prepared for this Sharing Time and how much my perspective has changed in just a couple of days. I am thankful that these solid anchors have been provided for us by a loving Father who wants us to return to him. Tie your rope onto a solid anchor, because you never know when you will lose your footing or when those boulders of life will come flying at you from nowhere!!!
Wish I could hang out at your sharing time every now and again. Sounds like it was awesome! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete