Monday, August 10, 2009

It's time to get ready for school. . .

That fateful time of year has arrived again. Where did the summer go??? We spent last Monday night going through clothes. This was no small task, as it took TWO hours for the boys to try on all of their clothes to see what does not fit and what is too hideous to be worn in public. Thank goodness I don't have girls or we would have been doing it all night.

Luckily for us, we only needed two pairs of pants and one pair of shoes, yeah!!!! Two of the boys needed cleats for football that I found at a used sports store (score). Plus I found two pairs of pants for Parker for $10 each at Ross and a great pair of shoes for Briggs for $13 at Ross.

I stocked up when school supplies when on sale last year so I only had to spend about $50 for all of that stuff.

I cannot believe that it is time for school already. The boys start on the 26th with various events before the actual start of the school year.

As one last hoorah we are going to Utah for a wedding this week and hope to squeeze in a trip to the amusement park for our family vacation on the way back home.

Life is good and things seem to be looking up from the abysmal last few months where we have been plagued by problems.

I am amazed at the blessings that we have in our lives. Sometimes we forget how great it is to experience the miracle of daily life, health and love!!!! Hug someone you love today and tell them that you appreciate them, then tell your Father in Heaven the same thing. It is wonderful how our outlook changes when our focus is on the right things!!!

1 comment:

  1. We don't start until the 8th this year...of September. Shoot me now! That means soccer won't start till October again! Brrr. Thanks for the spiritual pep talk. I feel uplifted and thankful too. Did I mention I finally got to go to the temple after 2 long years! Amazing how much more peaceful I feel. And why is it I don't go more often???

    ReplyDelete