While Jared was out of town last week we had quite the event at our house. Parker had a headache one night (he gets them quite often) so he had some Tylenol and went to bed. At about 12:30 he came into my room and told me that his ear was hurting. Assuming he has a run of the mill earache, I start walking him to the bathroom to apply a warm compress. On the way to the bathroom he starts screaming that his ear hurts. We quicken our pace. He calms down just a bit and I get a warm compress on him and he starts screaming again (several cycles of screaming and then calm). I can see that he is in terrible pain and wonder what on earth is going on. The only thing I can think of is to heat some olive oil and put in his ear and then take him to the ER if he continues to be in pain. I heat some oil while he is screaming in pain and put a few drops in his ear. Creepy, beyond creepy, an earwig crawls out of his ear. That little buggar had been biting him!!!!! I can't even imagine the pain he was in with that THING in his ear munching on him.
Needless to say, once the bug was out, Parker was just fine. Although, I had the creepy crawlies all night and could not get to sleep becuase I kept "feeling" things crawling on me.
Parker, my hats off to you buddy, you ROCK!!!!! (This is not an actual picutre, but you get the idea.)

No comments:
Post a Comment