Thursday, February 25, 2010

In the back country


Parker and I went snowshoeing on Tuesday for his class field trip. We had a blast. The kids got to do some snow science and avalanche rescue. I used muscles that I forgot existed!!! It could not have been a more perfect day--about 15 minutes into the trek, we were peeling off our outer layers because it was so warm. I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to be home with the boys and experience these great outings with them. Tommorow Stockton and I are headed to the Alberta Bair Theater for another field trip. I can't wait until next year when Parker goes to Yellowstone for four days. Hopefully I will get to go again, like I did with Mitchell.

2 comments:

  1. Do you guys still have snow? We have our usual strip snow hangin around in the back where the sun never hits but otherwise we can see grass...dead grass but at least it's not snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have snow at the house, but Mitchell is holding out hope for the ski lodge because he has a school ski day on the 29th.

    ReplyDelete