Monday, February 22, 2010

Derby Mania

I will post the photo of the cars later, but thought I would post results of this year's hot race!!! Brigham and Parker won 1st and 2nd place, respectively, yeah!!!!! They loved working on their cars, even the sanding part. Their cars will now go to the District race in Billings for the Scout Show on March 20th.

The famous Spongebob car was actually completed this year after three years of wanting to get it done. I took second place in the open class--I was beat by a preschooler (which I'm sure means he cheated).

It was all great fun and the boys will receive their trophies tonight at our Pack meeting. Jared and I watched Down and Derby while he was "soaking" the wheels in graphite. We laughed so hard at that movie!!

Only three more years to race which will take us to a grand total of 9 years worth of pinewood derby races. Maybe Jared should write a Pinewood Derby Bible and we could retire early, LOL!!!

2 comments:

  1. You should get Mario's contribution--we had eight years of pinewood derbies (bad spacing--you did much better). A friend of ours who has five sons, the last two twins, said to me once, "Do you know what's worse than making a pinewood derby car? Making TWO of them!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. One year we actually had to make 4 cars because all of the boys wanted to race. Nothing like praying the paint dries as you are driving to the race,LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete